Written by Jon Ritterbush, E-Resources and Serials Librarian
In time for the new year and the spring semester, the Calvin T. Ryan Library is pleased to announce two new e-resources for business research:
Business Expert Press ebooks: This ebook collection includes nearly 300 titles on topics in management, marketing, information systems, and economics. Unlike some other ebook collections, Business Expert Press ebooks may be easily downloaded as PDF files and read on e-readers or tablets, or embedded within Blackboard courses. An Excel listing of titles is available online, and these titles will be added to the library’s catalog by the end of January under the search term: “Business Expert Press.”
Mergent Online: This database provides a wealth of information on public and private businesses:
- Data and filings for 25,000 publicly-listed U.S. companies (active and inactive)
- Data on 35,000 non-U.S. companies (active and inactive)
- Data on 20 million private companies within the United States
- Corporate annual reports and histories
- Executive biographies
- Industry reports from 30 sectors and specific to North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia/Pacific
- Country profiles for over 100 countries
View information about the Buckle, Inc. as an example of Mergent’s broad range of content.
If you have any questions about these new e-resources, please do not hesitate to ask a UNK Librarian!