Written by Rochelle Krueger, Lecturer/Government Documents Librarian
A new wealth of information is available at your fingertips! UNK’s Calvin T. Ryan Library recently subscribed to a new service from MARCive – “Documents Without Shelves”. This service provides catalog records to thousands of electronic government documents, made available with one click in full-text or PDF. Here are just a few examples:
- Action guide for emergency management at institutions of higher education
- Arctic sea ice decline : projected changes in timing and extent of sea ice in the Bering and Chukchi Seas
- Climate change indicators in the United States
- Federal Justice Statistics Resource Center
- The long-term budget outlook
These records are fully-searchable in the UNK library catalog by agency, title, subject, and even by keyword! And again, because they are the electronic documents, the full-text is available at your convenience wherever you are! New records are received monthly, along with a listing of new additions through an RSS feed.
Of course the library still receives government documents in print, as well. The newest government documents can be found on the new books shelf located on the library’s first floor.
If you would like more information, please contact Rochelle Krueger, Government Documents Librarian (2nd floor at the Library), at firstname.lastname@example.org or 308-865-8542. The Government Documents home page can be found at: http://www.unk.edu/library/govdocs/.